Friday, November 27, 2009

To roast, or not to roast...


Thanksgiving 2009. Last Thanksgiving we tried a Tofurkey. Well...it was tolerable in very small bites. I figured that there is soooo much else with Thanksgiving dinner, that I would be happy to forgo faux meat and enjoy all the other goodies on the table. You know, stuffing muffins, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, roasted veggies, etc.

This year a sweet surprise arose. Kristin's sister took the order for specialty items to be brought from Minneapolis and she threw in a Celebration Roast from the Field Roast Grain Meat Company. Kristin and I already knew about the Celebration Roast and loooooooove every FRGMCo product that we've tried, but after the Tofurkey...we'd lost faith.

OK, I cannot give the Celebration Roast enough praise. It was deliscious!!! Hot = yum, cold = yum. We unwrapped it yesterday and sliced off a few pieces to try it out. Marvelous. I then got into trouble because I kept taking slices when no one was looking and during those long hours waiting for everyone else's carcass to bake in the oven.

My advice, don't be afraid of the Celebration Roast! Its a keeper for sure.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You have no idea how excited I am to have come across your blog. I am a vegan moving to Bismarck at the end of June '10 (with my vegan partner!). So happy to know that there are other vegans out there! I would love to pick your brains about being a vegan in ND!